Monday 3 October 2016

Happy New Year!

It is now the Biblical (and Jewish) New Year, so I want to wish you a Happy New Year. May you be inscribed in the Book of Life!

Image Source

Actually, the Bible has two new years six months apart, much like we do today with the financial new year. This is the actual new year, not the one installed after the Exodus, which I have a feeling was done so that the month numbers would correspond with the new year and autumn festivals falling in a month numbered seven. Hopefully you will see the significance unfold in some future posts.

I began working on this blog at the Biblical New Year last year, so it is now the one year anniversary of Faith and Felt Obsession. I have had a great time learning and I hope to continue improving my sewing, crafting and blogging skills.

I find it fascinating that the Biblical New Year begins in Autumn (well in Jerusalem it is Autumn at this time of year). Spring is the logical time for the beginning of the year, or so I thought until I realised it wasn't in God's books. He created everything mature. Adam was fully grown, trees were fully grown, even fruiting so it seems. So I guess it follows that God created the world beginning in the mature season of Autumn.





Follow Faith and Felt Obsession on FacebookPinterest and You Tube

Do you celebrate the Biblical New Year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment: