Wednesday 16 December 2015

Blue Hair Theory

Yes, this angel ornament from our upcoming wall Christmas tree has blue hair. And not because it is a fanciful creature with fanciful features.



I have a blue hair theory, and here is how it goes:

Natural selection seems counter-productive to the process of macro-evolution. How could the narrowing of an existing gene pool lead to an increase in species? Natural selection seems much more fitting to subsequent micro-evolution of a dying world that was originally designed with a large number of perfect creatures, who then struggle in a less than perfect environment.

So, before The Flood wiped out a huge amount of the existing gene pool, it is certainly possible that features that previously existed are no longer present.  Why not blue hair? Or purple or green hair?

I told my husband my theory a number of years ago, and a few weeks later he came home from work telling me he heard on the radio that small numbers of blue pigments had been discovered in the overall black appearing hair of some Asian people. Surely before the flood, these pigments could have been more concentrated in some, and thus express as naturally occurring blue hair.

I couldn't find a reference to the study, but if anyone can, please comment below with a link.  I did find a technical manual for a hair dye brand that said (at the bottom of page four) that all hair is made up of red, yellow and blue pigments. However, most things I read said blue is not a naturally occurring pigment in human hair. Which makes me wonder about animal hair...





Follow Faith and Felt Obsession on FacebookPinterest and You Tube

What crazy characteristics can you think of that perhaps mankind has lost and were not carried on by Noah's family after The Flood? Please comment below, I'd love to hear about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment: